23 Şubat 2009 Pazartesi

A fairy night



I never repent attending that night


It was one of the traditional spring parties
Usually I wouldn’t care about what to wear
But this special one was given out in a mansion
Yet, I didn’t choose anything special to wear
(thought that I didn’t)
As if I had a full of wardrobe with special clothes
Not that I wasn’t going to any parties like this
It’s just, I’m not a dress person and I’m afraid I can never be.
I just put my lenses and my hat on and got out.

My brand new glasses cost me a fortune
Titanium, extra lightened and half-moon cut
Identical to Albus’s which I envied for a very long time
If I hadn’t left them at home,
My view would get blurry as I got inside.
That’s why I hate wearing glasses when it’s raining
As you get inside, first you get blind
then you wipe the steam with your coat and put them on again.
Weary.

Thinking about all these I was almost there..

It was pompous all over again
Doormen, not one, four of them,
First one, opened the door of the yard,
Second one, took my car and took it to park
Third one, accompanied me to the mansion
And the last one welcomed me in the lounge
I was used to it.
As always, the chandeliers were illuminating every single spot
The white grand piano was shining nobly at her seat of honor
The servants were running around to appreciate the guests
The champagnes, wines, caviars, canapés…

I’d started feeling like a golden fish put in a vial

I withdrew to a corner and started to watch people
from a good safe distance
Avoiding the glances and all the whispering
I turned my head to the crowd then I saw her.
There was a girl standing
She was wearing a veil shadowing her eyes
Delicately attached to a pine green velvet hat
She caught my glance and I bowed my head
She, too bowed her head modestly
Then I smiled, awkwardly
Simultaneously she replied with a porcelain smile,
any moment it could be gone

We were both hiding and obviously bored
So I decided to talk to her, then I moved
She was walking too.
Gleaming in the middle of the night
and with her every single pace
dying stars were loitering down her glittering dress
from her violin silhouetted body.
We kept walking but there was always a good safe distance left between us
There she was three feet away, directly looking at me
Then our eyes met with disappointment.

“Hold on!”
Someone touched my arm.
I stopped. She stopped. I looked back.
“Excuse me my lady, one more step and you would crash on that mirror.”

There I was standing before a cheval glass.
With the dead stars hanging on my skirt
I took off the green velvet hat and
bowed gently to my sad, lonesome reflection.

Hiç yorum yok: